The Blue Pond in Hokkaido Changes Colors Depending on the Weather
“The Most Beautiful Pond In The World!”
According to the photographer Ken Shiraishi, who made a pilgrimage up to Northern Japan last month to take these shots, the water contains a high degree of aluminum hydroxide, which reflects blue light – a phenomenon responsible for our lovely blue skies. Shiraishi spent several days up there photographing the pond in various light.
Picture by Donna Davies
where’s the fuckin ice
I still believe Iceland and Greenland sat down in a meeting one day and it started with
"You know what’ll piss people off"
Actually, it was the Vikings. They discovered both Iceland and Greenland, and when they realized the weather, named them opposites to confuse their enemies. So the enemies would go to Greenland, expecting it to be all pretty and green and good for farming, but it was all ice. Vice versa for Iceland.
ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL OMOCAT CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!!
many good things have happened, OMOCAT has grown so much, and my life is forever changed :>
here’s a little thank you to all my followers and supporters!
1) FIRST PRIZE: 1 OMOCAT APPAREL in the size of your choice (while supplies last) new items that may be released this following week are also eligible for the prize
1) reblog the entire post to enter the giveaway! likes do not count gomen ~_~
2) EDIT: you may only reblog once! multiple reblogs apparently don’t work anymore because tumblr’s new system only shows the most recent reblog. also, no giveaway-only blogs! i’ll be checking >:(
3) i will be choosing 3 winners randomly. i will painstakingly copy-paste each blog name in a random generator, and have the generator pick the winners for me
4) the winner will be chosen this weekend on the midnight of DECEMBER 16th. i will be sending out asks to let you know if you’ve won so please make sure your ask is open! if you do not reply within 24 hrs, i will have to choose another winner!!
5) i will provide free shipping! (yes, even international)
good luck!! once again, thank you all and happy holidays!!!!!
WE JUST SAW PIKACHU IN OSMOSIS JONES???? ??
OH MY GOD???
fucking god its pikachurin
a brain protein
“Pikachurin is an extracellular matrix-like retinal protein first described in 2008 in Japan by Shigeru Sato et al., and named after Pikachu, a character of the Pokémon franchise. The name of this “nimble” protein was inspired due to Pikachu’s “lightning-fast moves and shocking electric effects”.”
IM GONAN FUCKIN
IF SOMEONE WITH PHOTOSHOP AND A COUPLE HOURS TO SPARE CAN FIX YOUR FUCK-UP DISNEY, THERE IS LITERALLY NO EXCUSE
I…don’t see a difference?
I had to look at other reblogs to find it. In the first one, her braid jumps from behind her to in front of her arm before she runs her hand under it.
Damn, people are observant.
- Humans really do have auras
- Humans have organs to sense energy
- We inherit memories from our anscestors
- Meditation actually repairs telomeres in DNA thereby slowing aging
- Compassion extends life
- Love is more than just an emotion
- Billions of other universes exist and each of us my inhabit our own unique universe
- Meditation speeds healing
I see the clipping in the first one but what’s the second one
i actually dont see the clipping in the first one?? but the second one elsa’s braid phases right through her arm when she brings it forward. not over her shoulder. literally through her arm
the thumb clips through the shirt in the first one
if you ever have to watch one american football game please watch the lions/eagles game going on right now. they’re playing in 7/8 inches of snow and they’re not allowed to clear the snow off the field
My uncle has been posting pictures since the start of the game guys you don’t understand this is hilarious
the lions fumbled six times in the first 18 minutes and are winning
I don’t ever watch football but this amuses me.